1/24/2008

Chapter 3: WHY?

Then I began thinking that if a black man can write a book and rant about race and sexual perceptions, why shouldn't I support myself and plenty of other women who feel the same way I do? I set out to find other materials regarding black women who have the same feelings I do. When I started my research – I began with the internet. I did searches for guides and books about "black women dating white men” and turned up hardly any hits! I was appalled! I found Adam White’s books titled The Interracial Dating Book for Black Women Who Want to Date White Men and The White Man's Guide To Dating Black Women. However, they were both told from a man’s point of view.

I choose to follow the advice of a friend as stated in her blog, “Remember the #1 plan is to seek out loving, loveable, suitable, and compatible men of quality in the global village and you must be evaluate men and then be receptive to all men of quality who come along–of whatever skin shade or nationality. This is the only plan when it comes to the 'mating' realm. Nothing else is negotiable. Teach this plan at every opportunity to as many black girls and black women as you can! Squeeze it in whenever possible.”[i]

The next major issue I encountered was the apparent double standard regarding society's view of black women and black men dating the opposite sex of other races. Black men seemed to get upset when they saw a black woman with a white guy, but they generally didn't have a problem dating white women. In a poll, when asked why they prefer white women, they responded:

1) White women are easier to get in bed
2) You can control white women easier than black women
3) She was more attractive than a black woman
4) White women are obsessed with the big black dick
5) They liked the idea of being with someone different
6) The white woman had money and gave the black man what he wanted when he wanted it.
7) White women give good head without a thought.

[i] Evia. “Black Female Interracial Marriage: E-Zine On Black Women And Interracial Marriage Options” 22, Dec. 2007. <>

No comments: